Trends and good practices in research and teaching
A Spanish-English collaboration
The use of digital technologies in education presents a great deal of challenges, opportunities and implications. Enabling effective learning in the current information and network society requires research-informed, evidence-based practices. This book aims to contribute to this field by disseminating research findings from a range of educational experiences in the United Kingdom and Spain. The editors of this book have strong ties with both countries and their educational systems. As such, they have compiled thirteen chapters based on high quality research projects, with topics focussed on the use of emerging technologies in education, both online and in the classroom. This book will prove useful and informative to those professionals in education who are interested in the practical application of digitally enabled pedagogies in a variety of contexts, from Higher Education to Primary Education..
Ver el índice del libro
- MOOCS and Higher Education Globalisation: Social Work and Social Education Students’ Perspectives (Manuel León-Urrutia, Esteban Vázquez Cano, Eva Ordóñez Olmedo, Eloy López Meneses)
- Towards a Taxonomy of Video for HCI Education (Adriana Wilde, Alan Dix , Chris Evans, Anna Vasilchenko, Joseph Maguire, Stephen Snow)
- New Emerging Technologies for University Innovation (David Blas Padilla, Julio Cabero Almenara, Esteban Vázquez Cano, Eloy López Meneses)
- The Primary Education Teacher about ICT and Special Educational Needs. A Study in the Spanish Context (José M. Fernández Batanero)
- Making an Argument in the Arts: Using Genre Analysis to Inform Embedded Academic Writing Support in a UK Arts University (Steven White, Matt Nicholls)
- Learning Communities and the Development of Teaching Skills in traiNing Environments as Blended Learning. An Innovative Methodological Experience at the University of Granada (Spain) (M. Pilar Cáceres Reche, Inmaculada Aznar Díaz, Rebeca Soler Costa)
- Analysis of the University Student’s Satisfaction with the Introduction of New Methods of Teamwork (M. Remedios Belando-Montoro, M. Aránzazu Carrasco-Temiño)
- Enhancing the Student Experience: Integrating MOOCs into Campus-Based Modules (Nicholas Fair, Lisa Harris, Manuel León-Urrutia)
- Educational robotics and computational thinking. A didactic experience of innovation at the university level (Pedro Román-Graván, Carlos Hervás-Gómez, Cristóbal Ballesteros-Regaña)
- Training of Communication Skills in Social Education Students Through an Innovative Experience (Virginia Castillo Cidre, Aránzazu Cejudo Cortés, Celia Corchuelo Fernández)
- Working with Networks on the University Campus (Verónica Marín Díaz, Juan Manuel Muñoz González, M.ª Dolores Hidalgo Ariza)
- Citizenship Oriented to Justice in Higher Education: Didactic Experience and Revision in the Bachelor’s Degree in Primary School Education (Emilio José Delgado-Algarra, César Bernal-Bravo, Antonio Alejandro Lorca-Marín)
- Gamification in Primary Education Grade. A Project of Gamification in Tutorial Action Subject to Increase Motivation and Satisfaction of the Students (M. Elena Parra González, Adrián Segura Robles, Arturo Fuentes Cabrera, Jesús López Belmonte)
PhD in Educational Sciences and Extraordinary Doctoral Thesis Award from the University of Seville. Full Professor with two six-year research periods in the Department of Education and Social Psychology at the Universidad Pablo de Olavide. Director of the research group EDUINNOVAGOGÍA© (HUM-971). Coordinator of the International Group Innovagogía©. Director of Outreach and International Relations, IICSE (University of Atacama/Chile). Editor of the international journal International Journal of Educational Research and Innovation (IJERI) and associate editor of the scientific journal Frontiers of Science.
- Publications .
- IJERI Journal Editor: http://www.upo.es/revistas/index.php/IJERI/index
- Associate Editor: Frontiers of Science Journal: http://fronterasdelaciencia.com/
- Directed 9 doctoral theses .
- In process 10 doctoral theses.
- ORCID ID: http://orcid.org/0000-0003-0741-5367
- Publons ID: https://publons.com/researcher/1373618/lopez-meneses-e/
- Research Gate: http://bit.ly/1w8cXGu
- Google Scholar: http://bit.ly/2s1r6u0
- Amazon Books: http://amazon.com/author/eloy3000
- Personal Edublog: http://eloy3000.blogspot.com
Esteban Vázquez Cano
Vice Dean of Students, Internationalisation and Social Education and Professor of the Faculty of Education in the Department of Didactics, School Organisation and Special Didactics of the UNED. PhD in Education Sciences with Extraordinary Prize. He currently directs the Master's Degree in Educational Inspection and Supervision at the UNED and his priority lines of research are School Organisation and Supervision, Mobile-ubiquitous Learning, Digital Language and Massive Open Online Courses (MOOC), topics on which he has published more than 200 scientific contributions (20 articles in JCR, h-index 11/ 31 in SCOPUS, h-index 9). He is currently a member of different national and international research projects whose main theme is the impact of technology on school organisation and educational innovation. He is also a member of the editorial board of British Journal of Educational Technology(JCR Q1), Associate Editor of the journal IJERI (ESCI) and Associate Editor of the journal Enseñanza & Teachingand has participated as scientific committee member in more than 50 international congresses (China, Japan, France, USA, Canada, etc. ).
Manuel León Urrutia
Research Fellow at University of Southampton & Scholarly communications director at Editorial Octaedro. Research Fellow with broad teaching and research experience in Higher Education. Broad skillset in Learning Design, E-Learning, Data Analysis, and Editing. Excellent track record of publications and conferences attended.
PhD researcher, Digital Educator and MOOC Creator, University of Southampton.
Web Scientist and Digital Educator interested in Personal Learning Networks and their impact on higher education.